The goal of the William and Sandra Bennett Clinical Scholars Program is to produce the next generation of clinician educators by supporting aspiring nephrology educators to conduct a project to advance all facets of nephrology education and teaching.
Applicants may submit a proposal that examines any aspect of nephrology education. Proposals may address aspects related to pre-doctoral or post-doctoral education. Projects should propose to generate new knowledge and should be expected to have an impact beyond the applicant's institution. Examples of proposed projects can include (but are not limited to) curricular reform, innovations in education, new education methods, evaluation of new assessment tools for competency-based learning and assessment, professional development, or professionalism. The proposed project must have appropriate metrics for evaluation, implementation, and dissemination. Grant recipients are expected to publish and disseminate project data at national meetings and credit KidneyCure for its support.
Dollar Amount: $100,000 over 2 years
Deadline: December 2 (Full)
Eligibility: To apply for the William and Sandra Bennett Clinical Scholars Program, a candidate must:
- Hold an MD, DO, PhD, or the equivalent degree.
- Have completed the clinical portion of their training program by the time of award activation.
- Must be a full-time faculty member within seven (7) years of initial faculty appointment at the time of the award activation. A 12-month extension will be considered per childbirth during the seven-year timeframe. Women, men, and those who adopt are eligible for the extension. To be considered for an extension, please email [email protected].
- Complete a project under the direction and mentorship of a qualified sponsor/mentor.
- Be a member of ASN at the time of the application. The sponsor of the candidate must also be an ASN member at the time of the application.
- Be working in North or Central America during the funding period.
- Commit a minimum of 25% time to the William and Sandra Bennett Clinical Scholars Program during the funding period. A statement of commitment must be provided by the Division Chief or Department Chair.
- Consider completing additional formal or semiformal educational training during the KidneyCure funded years.