The Dermatology Foundation and Melanoma Research Alliance are pleased to introduce a new, unique opportunity for mid-career investigators. Applications are requested for dermatologic research addressing improved approaches for melanoma detection or prevention. This award will support innovations in melanoma diagnosis/detection/prevention.
Dollar Amount: Up to $100,000 for one year, with option to renew for an additional $100,000 in year two.
Deadline: November 18 (Full)
Eligibility: The award will support the research of an outstanding mid-career investigator with an established trajectory of excellence who meets the following requirements as of the date of funding, July 1, 2020 (or as otherwise noted).
- M.D.; M.D., Ph.D.; D.O.; or Ph.D. degree
- Faculty member with a primary appointment in U.S. dept./division of dermatology with an ACGME approved training program
- Is no greater than 10 years beyond initial appointment as an Assistant Professor as of January 1, 2020
- At least 75% effort committed to research
- Applicants may serve as PI on only one proposal submitted to MRA for any of the award mechanisms in this cycle
- Applicant CAN concurrently hold other MRA funding at time of application
- Applicant CANNOT hold other Dermatology Foundation support at the time of funding (applicants in year 3 of a DF Career Development Award may apply)
- Applicant must have appropriate training and experience in relevant research and demonstrate a strong commitment to research in skin cancer
- Strong institutional commitment for the applicant
- Research aims must be unique to the award
- Recipient may concurrently hold federally funded awards or their equivalent (e.g., NIH, VA, DOD, FDA, Doris Duke, Burroughs Wellcome, etc.)
Full RFP: https://dermatologyfoundation.org/rap/