The Glaucoma Research Foundation supports new high-impact clinical, epidemiological and laboratory research based on their strategic research goals.
Strategic Research Goals
- Protect and restore the optic nerve
- Accurately detect glaucoma and monitor its progress
- Find the genes responsible for glaucoma
- Understand the intraocular pressure system and develop better treatments
- Determine the risk factors for glaucoma damage using systematic outcomes data
Deadline: July 15 (Pre-proposal)
Dollar Amount: $50,000 over 1 year
Eligibility: Grant applicants must possess at least a graduate degree. Interdisciplinary teams and collaborations that may lead to new glaucoma treatments are encouraged.