Of particular interest to the Foundation are projects that:
- Expand the body of knowledge and/or provide practical materials that will have a positive impact on investor education or protection
- Research methods to improve disclosure to investors about investments and financial services
- Encourage investors to check the background of financial professionals prior to doing business with them
- Empower the nation's young people that are about to enter the workforce to better prepare for retirement and to meet other financial goals
- Better prepare older Americans for handling their finances during retirement
- Encourage women and minority populations to take control of their financial future through investor education
- Advance practice, policy, and thought in the fields of investor education and protection
Our funding program is committed to supporting and cultivating the next generation of public intellectuals to inform and achieve social progress.
Priority will be given to projects that aim to do one or more of the following through education or storytelling:
Priority will be given to projects that aim to do one or more of the following:
- Identify the specific visual and narrative communication mechanisms that will elicit action for wildlife conservation from target audiences. Multidisciplinary collaborations between scientists (e.g., neuroscientists, psychologists) and visual artists (e.g., photographers, videographers, painters, technologists) are strongly encouraged
- Measure differences in attitudes and/or behaviors across diverse audiences (e.g., ages, geographic regions, backgrounds) based on how information about wildlife is presented; proposals that use creative approaches to overcome sample size issues are encouraged
- Apply and test social marketing principles to determine best practices when communicating about wildlife conservation to inspire action and increase or maintain engagement from target audiences
The Searle Freedom Trust was founded by Daniel C. Searle in 1998 to foster research and education on public policy issues that affect individual freedom and economic liberty.