Health disparities refer to differences in care and outcomes between groups of people–and are closely linked with social, economic, and environmental factors. Within these broad areas, disparities happen across many dimensions, including race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, age, location, gender, disability status, and sexual orientation.
Bristol Myers Squibb Foundation and National Medical Fellowships—Diversity in Clinical Trials Career Development Program (DCTCDP)
In partnership, the Bristol Myers Squibb Foundation and National Medical Fellowships have created the Diversity in Clinical Trials Career Development Program (DCTCDP) aimed at increasing diversity in clinical trials.
Focused on our Mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
As part of Amgen's mission to further the advancement of medicine and healthcare, Amgen supports Independent Medical Education ("IME").
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to supporting education and activities that further the advancement of the profession and patient care. Find out if one if these opportunities is right for you.
- Fellowship & Scholarship Grants: J&J is dedicated to providing educational opportunities and support for activities that are intended to improve patient care.
- Educational Grants: Do you believe that education is important to your success? Interested in funding for continuing education? Visit J&J's Educational Grants section to learn more.
- Investigator-Initiated Studies: J&J is always looking for ways to support independent individuals with their research. J&J is currently ONLY accepting applications for Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (IOLs, refractive surgery, ocular surface disease, etc.). No Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (contact lenses, contact lens care products, and eye drops) applications are being accepted at this time.
Lilly Grant Office—Healthcare professional education/Patient advocacy and Consumer education programs
As a commitment to improving patient care and providing valuable information to the medical and broader healthcare community, Lilly will accept the following grant requests:
- Healthcare professional education (priority will be given to accredited programs)
- Patient advocacy and Consumer education programs (e.g., disease-state education and awareness, screenings, etc.)
Funding may be requested in the form of support for an educational program, scientific awards, select fellowships, or charitable contributions. Lilly does not provide unrestricted grants or grants to individuals or
The focus of the Lilly Grant Office (LGO) will be on healthcare-related CME/CE programs as well as patient education and advocacy in the following therapeutic areas:
- Neuroscience - Migraine and Headache Disorders
- Chronic pain associated with osteoarthritis and chronic low back pain
Medtronic recognizes that they cannot fulfill their Mission alone. In order to “alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life,” Medtronic must support the many stakeholders in healthcare, including providers, medical societies, and patient groups. Part of Medtronic's role is to provide financial assistance for independent medical conferences, charitable events, medical education and public education programs.
Ostuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc.—Independent Medical Education Grants (IME) and Charitable Contributions (CC)
The Otsuka independent medical education (IME) and charitable contributions (CC) module is named SAKURA IME & CC, after the Japanese cherry blossom, or Sakura, a gift to the United States
Sanofi US is committed to funding high quality educational activities and materials in the therapeutic areas of interest to the company that have the potential to improve patient care and health outcomes. The purpose of an educational grant is to support an activity that encourages an educational interchange with respect to available scientific and medical information. Educational activities may or may not be accredited.