*Limited Submission Opportunity
The W.M. Keck Foundation Research Program seeks to benefit humanity by supporting projects in two areas: (1) medical research and (2) science and engineering research. Projects should be novel and distinctive in their approach, question the prevailing paradigm, or have the potential to break open new territory in their field. Past grants have supported pioneering biological and physical science research and engineering, including the development of promising new technologies, instrumentation, or methodologies. Selected projects will fall outside the mission of public funding agencies. The Foundation does not fund clinical or translational research, treatment trials or research for the sole purpose of drug development.
Grant Amount: Grants range from $500,000-$5million and are typically $2million or less
Eligibility: Senior, Mid and Early Career investigators are encouraged to apply
Required Materials for GW’s Selection Committee: GW is eligible to submit one application for the Medical Research program area, and one application for the Science and Engineering Research program area. There are two competitions posted on InfoReady, one for Medical Research and one for Science and Engineering Research, please visit their respective competitions to submit the following materials:
- Single-paged concept paper in 12-point font with 1-inch margins containing the following information:
- an overview of the proposed project emphasizing any unique aspects and pilot studies
- a description of the methodologies and key personnel
- a brief justification of the need for Keck support
- an estimated budget broken down, if possible, by major areas, e.g., personnel, equipment, consumable supplies, etc. (budgets can be rough approximations)
- Note: this concept paper may be shared with the Keck Foundation during the pre-application counseling period, which will be organized by the Foundation Relations office.
- 5-page NIH Biosketch
November 25, 2019: GW Internal Deadline to OVPR
January 1-February 15, 2020: Pre-application counseling period with staff from the Keck Foundation, coordinated by the Foundation Relations office
May 1, 2020: Phase I Application Deadline for Foundation submission
July 15, 2020: Notification of Invitation to Submit Full Proposal
August 15, 2020: Full Proposal Deadline to Foundation
Full Details: http://www.wmkeck.org/grant-programs/research
*This is a GW Limited Submission Opportunity, please contact our office at [email protected], with any questions.