Types of Funding Astrazeneca Supports:
- Medical Education Grants
- The independent medical education programs that we support include educational activities certified for CME/CE for physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other health care professionals, as well as activities without continuing education credit. All accredited programs must follow the standards set forth in the ACCME Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education. Responsibility and control over selection, content, faculty, educational materials and venue for independent educational programs belong solely to the organizers. AstraZeneca will not provide any guidance to the independent educational provider (even if asked) regarding the content or faculty for any program receiving funding.
- We accept applications from a wide range of health care organizations, associations, medical specialty societies, academic institutions, hospitals and medical education companies.
- Scientific Sponsorships
- We will consider requests for sponsorship of scientific and research conferences and meetings. These meetings are used to provide opportunities for discussion of current research topics or scientific methodology and are not intended to provide medical education to prescribing physicians.
- Scientific or educational activities designed to educate research scientists, principal researchers, drug development professionals, academics, pre-doctoral students, doctoral students and fellows must be educational and non-promotional in nature and planned, designed and implemented in accordance with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's Guidance on Industry-Supported Scientific and Educational Activities.
- Programmes conducted at host institutions and designed to provide training (i.e., training necessary to obtain a degree or license) or advanced education to HCPs or scientists in a particular specialty, Therapeutic area or field of research.
- Corporate Memberships
- Corporate membership to a non-political association or specialty society (e.g., medical, pharmacy, nursing).
- Community Investment / Community Support
- Community Investment funding includes financial and non-financial (in-kind) support given to registered charity and non-profit organisations for health and health initiatives, science education, fundraisers and disaster relief. It includes donations of medicines in response to public health needs related to national and international disasters and humanitarian crises or as part of free goods Patient Assistance Programmes.
Dollar Amount: Varies
Deadline: Ongoing, Completed requests must be received at least 60 days prior to the program start date.