Working with Foundations
The Foundation Relations team in GW’s Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations provides faculty with an array of services to help them secure funding from private foundations. Our staff follow the latest foundation trends and have deep insights into what makes for a competitive grant proposal. Foundation Relations officers partner with faculty members to navigate the foundation proposal process and submit a strategic proposal through the Office of Sponsored Projects.
Our staff can:
- Conduct personalized prospect research based on faculty members’ research, projects and programs;
- Provide background and context on GW’s funding relationship with a particular foundation;
- Connect faculty with colleagues who have received funding from a foundation that a faculty member is interested in approaching;
- Advise faculty in all phases of proposal development, including concept papers, letters of intent/inquiry, and proposal narratives;
- Connect faculty to foundation program staff and advise on strategies for relationship building and management; and
- Coordinate visits and events between GW and foundations.
Browse funding opportunities, take advantage of our subscription to Foundation Directory Online, or search PIVOT for research funding.
Prepare and Apply
From finding the right funder to building your case, we work with you to submit a strong proposal.
Manage Your Grant
Ensure a thriving relationship between foundation benefactors with strategic reporting and stewardship. We can help!
Limited Submission Opportunities
LSOs are grant opportunities wherein GW can only put forward a limited number of proposals. We guide faculty through the process and partner with the OVPR to select the most competitive proposals.
There are a number of foundations with which GW has a longstanding partnership and current or pending grants in place. Please contact us before reaching out to a foundation or corporation on the list.