The Otsuka independent medical education (IME) and charitable contributions (CC) module is named SAKURA IME & CC, after the Japanese cherry blossom, or Sakura, a gift to the United States from Japan in 1912. Today, the Sakura are a beloved and enduring symbol of the relationship forged by our two nations. Similarly, the relationship between healthcare professionals and the patients they serve is both enduring and critically important to the health of our communities.
SAKURA IME & CC is used for IME and CC requests, their review, approval, progress updates, reconciliation and close out activities.
Otsuka is committed to funding innovative education that supports the lifelong learning and continuing professional development of healthcare professionals. Otsuka is also dedicated to better health worldwide and within our communities, helping the underserved or underrepresented populations, and supporting education and/or advocacy on behalf of patients and their families.
Prior to submitting your request, please carefully review all information on this page, and specifically their "Areas of Interest".
Areas of Interest:
- Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Bipolar Disorder I
- Major Depressive Disorder
Deadline: Undisclosed; registration required
Dollar Amount: Undisclosed; registration required
Requirements for Participation:
- Have the scientific and operational capabilities and resources to conduct the activity as outlined in the approved grant request
Execute the Letter of Agreement prior to program initiation
- Provide interim program status updates
- Complete a reconciliation of funds and submit a final education outcomes report
Who May Apply:
- Medical Schools and Other Academic Institutions
- Teaching Hospitals
- Medical Professional and Specialty Societies (National, Regional and State)
- Medical Education Companies
- Healthcare Education Organizations
Both for profit and nonprofit entities may apply; however, individuals and medical practices are ineligible to receive IME grant funding or in-kind support.
Full RFPs: https://otsuka.envisionpharma.com/ienv_otsuka/visiontracker/portal/login.xhtml?pgm=GRANTS&windowId=c04